The health team of the Myrtle Grove Chiropractic & Acupuncture Center wants to help Brunswick County, New Hanover County and Pender County build a better brain and nervous system!
We live through our nervous system. Every thought, taste and movement is possible because of our wonderful nervous system.
What do we mean by nervous system?
We are familiar enough with the term but do we really know what our nervous system is?
Your brain and spinal cord are your central nervous system. The brain and spinal cord controls everything in your body. The central nervous system delegates most of the work to the automatic or autonomic nervous system. Research is advancing to levels so great that Scientists know more than ever about how this wonderful process occurs in the body and what it means for healing.
At the Myrtle Grove Chiropractic and Acupuncture Center, we can measure how much stress your nervous system is under. Scientists all agree that STRESS KILLS. Ninety percent of our stress comes from emotional stress. We can measure how much stress you are experiencing. Once it is measured, there are specific therapies designed to reduce your stress and allow you to not only feel better but BE Better!
Since 2003 the wellness center has used Dr. Porter’s BrainTap technologies to help reduce the emotional stress that compounds us daily. It is a powerfully effective tool designed to help anyone achieve balanced brainwave states that enhance production of all the necessary neurotransmitters needed for optimal function of body and mind.
What that means is you too can enjoy a relaxed state of mind once again!
How does it work?
It is a headset that you put over your ears and eyes that is attached to an ipad with access to hundreds of programs to choose from. We recline you back into an anti-gravity chair and you relax and listen from 12 -23 minutes, depending on the program.
BrainTap uses 4 elements to create a flexible, resilient healthy brain.
1. Binaural Beats - create a subtle beat frequency associated with deep meditative states
2. Guided Visualization - depicting desired results and goals to improve your mental and physical performance.
3. Isochronic Tones are easy for the brain to follow. These tones allow the brain to experience all five healthy brain waves.
4. Light - traveling through the retina and the ear meridians guiding you to unparalleled brain states. The light affects serotonin and endorphin levels to calm and relax the mind and produce optimistic thinking.
Who can benefit from BrainTap Therapy?
1. Children who suffer from ADD/ADHD/learning disabilities/autism
2. Over-stressed students and adults
3. People with phobias/fears
4. Athletes who want to enhance their physical performance
5. PTSD patients
6. Those who want to lose weight, quit smoking, quit drinking alcohol or doing drugs
7. Adults and students who want to enhance their learning skills and memory
9. Your loved ones
We would like to invite our community to experience this life changing stress reducing therapy.
Call today and mention this blog and receive $10.00 off your next BrainTap experience.
Don’t delay, begin your journey to brain health today!
Call 395-5664 to schedule your session.